A StuffIt archive of MyBattery is available for download (320k).
MyBattery has a $10 registration fee. You can register online via Kagi.
MyBattery is a utility program designed specifically for
portable Macintosh computers. It provides you with
information about your PowerBook batteries and system. Its
- User-customizable display. You decide what
information you want to see.
- Displays information about internal batteries,
including charging status, charge level and battery
- Estimate of useful battery time remaining. It uses a
historical estimation that "learns" from your PowerBook
- Displays power-related system information like hard
drive status, AppleTalk status, and modem status.
- History window which displays recent battery charge
history, power consumption rate, and even temperatures on some PowerBook models!
- Support for multiple batteries, accommodating
different capacity batteries.
- Menu bar displays, for easy viewing of battery status
and other system information.
MyBattery's most popular feature is its ability to
estimate how much battery time you have left. Using a
historical estimation technique, MyBattery monitors your
PowerBook usage, and updates its estimates accordingly.
MyBattery will run on any Portable Macintosh. Some more
advanced features are only available on models that support
them (for example, battery serial number support is only
supported on Duos and and later systems).
NOTE: The temperature measurements do not work on
the "Wall Street" and "Bronze" keyboard PowerBook G3's. The
temperature measurements work on all previous PowerBooks, as
well as the iBook and FireWire PowerBook. Installing Mac OS
9.1 may improve the compatibility of the temperature
readings on older models.
NOTE: The temperature readings do not work on the
PowerBook G4/400. They work fine on the PowerBook G4/500,
and on desktop G4/400 systems.
MyBattery 3.3.8 (23 July
- Registration status now persistant when upgrading to
MyBattery 3.3.7 (11 June
- Fix system temperature reading for PowerBook G3
(FireWire) and iBook.
- Fix battery position (left vs right) information for
PowerBook G3 series.
MyBattery 3.3.6 (26 January
- Fix bug reading battery serial number on older
- Improve estimates for PowerBook G3 Series.
MyBattery 3.3.5 (3 September
- Swap battery information on PowerBook G3 Series.
- Fix conflict between PowerPC version and newer
MyBattery 3.3.3 (1 April
- Improved estimation for new PowerBook models.
- Increased memory allocation for PowerPC version to
handle low-memory situations.
MyBattery 3.3.2 (2 December
- Added support for core AppleEvents.
- Fixed system temperature for PPC-upgraded
- Added code to gracefully exit PPC application on 68K
MyBattery 3.3.1 (22 October
- Added code to properly select features on desktop
- Added degree symbol back to Celsius scale.
- Created temperature menu to handle
- Fixed bug that would cause shareware message to
- Removed degree symbols from Kelvin and Celsius
- Converted to CodeWarrior and created PowerPC
- Fixed autoswitching bug when using four
- Updated 'About...' dialog to show model ID.
- Repositions windows if they were positioned on a
- Corrected temperature calculation for PB 500's w/PPC